The promotion of renewable energy is a crucial step on the way to the decarbonisation of the energy supply. We advise energy companies along the entire value chain in the electricity, heat and transport sector, inter alia, on the following issues:
• Remuneration and bonuses according to the Renewable Energies Act (EEG): prerequisites, verification management, special issues of existing plants, relocation and exchange of plants, et al.
• Support and preparation of certification procedures for Power-to-Gas projects (P2G).
• Use of biofuels, inter alia, the quota obligation under the Federal Emissions Protection Act (BImSchG), handling legal aspects concerning quota trading, verification management (i.a. Biokraft-NachV, 36th BImSchV), legal disputes regarding the certification of biofuel producers and traders, legal opinions on the fulfilment of quota obligations.
• Energy tax law, inter alia, legal advising on incurrences, reliefs and exemptions with regard to tax obligations under the German Energy Tax Act (EnergieStG).
• Advice on the usage possibilities and obligations in the heat sector, inter alia, according to the Renewable Energy Heat Act (EEWärmeG and EWärmeG BW).
• KfW financing of renewable energy projects (including contract drafting, implementation under corporate law).
• Official approvals of energy plants (especially under the Federal Emissions Protection Act - BImSchG).
• Remuneration and bonuses under the Combined Heat and Power Act (KWKG).